Snapshots of Pueblo and surroundings


The city of Pueblo is located in Southern Colorado, one hour south (driving) from Colorado Spring.


American roads... SO different from European ones, in particularly diverse from Italy! I also took an American driving licence while I was in Pueblo and bought my own car, which I sold before leaving,



Pueblo, like several American cities, is built around highways. The city is very spread out, so between one neighboor and the other you can drive through big spaces. The first time I was shown Pueblo, I was actually thinking we were driving through different towns.


In Pueblo it almst never rains, ths is why it is so dry. The city is caled the "banana spell of Colorado" because of the lack of water.



Sunsets and sunrises are gorgeous in Colorado. They reminded me those of Ireland. Pueblo at the sunset.

The Riverwalk in Pueblo city center. Neat area for a walk.


Elisabeth and me at the Riverwalk. She is a good friend of mine and, on February, she flew from Iowa to visit me. We met in Ireland fours year ago, and, since then we never saw each other. It was wonderful to see her again.




CSU UNIVERSITY IN PUEBLO


The fountain at university. CSU Pueblo is kind of little compared to other universities. It has 4,000 students and it is not too big. The adventage is that the atmosphere is very familiar and you get to know each other easily. The college is the center of social life.


The university park is so green compared to the rest of the city. It is constantly watered. I LOVED sitting there reading, eating strawberries and watching squirrels and rabbits crossing the park. I miss this so much..

Elisabeth looking at a "piece of art" at university.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento